View our formal response to the City Council and Shailesh Vara MP, John Holdich OBE, Peter Hiller.
Peterborough City Council's Draft Local Plan proposes to build 2,500 new houses within the Parishes of Castor and Ailsworth.
The site is located to the north of the bypass on land owned by the Homes and Community Agency (HCA). It extends from Marholm Road in the east to Upton and beyond in the west. A country park is proposed for HCA land south of the bypass.
The development includes industrial buildings, commercial and industrial development, a cemetery and university facilities.
Following the consultation a revised submission plan will be put to City Council as follows:
- Planning Committee - 19th September (Papers will be issued on 12th September)
- Scrutiny Committee - 20th September (Papers will be issued on 13th September)
- Cabinet Committee - 25th September (Not public meeting)
- Full Council - 11th October (Papers will be issued at least 5 working days in advance)
- 6 week consultation starting in November, date to be announced.The next public consultation starts in November 2017
The PRP team will be studying the PCC Submission Plan ("Their plan") as soon as it is issued and will issue some guidance notes ahead of the 6 week consultation to help residents with their own responses to the proposals for 2,500 houses + Industrial development north of the by pass.